City School Sour Cream Coffee Cake is way too good just for the kiddies. Superb flavor makes it perfect with coffee or tea in the afternoon or as part of your breakfast. Seriously good!
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 1/2 Cups cake flour
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour; plus more
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup room temperature butter; plus more
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 egg; slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup sour cream
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and walnuts. Add butter in small pieces. Rub in by hand until mixture is crumbly. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature. Mix together cake and all-purpose flours, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter with sugar by beating mixture until fluffy and light. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add half flour mixture, mixing just until flour is blended. Blend in sour cream, then remaining flour mixture.
- Spread half batter lightly into 10-inch tube pan. Sprinkle with half Topping and spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining Topping. Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 45 minutes.
Recipe from Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles, CA
The flavor of Brown Mushroom Gravy make it perfect for mashed potatoes, and meatloaf, steaks or turk...
A salad of incredible visual and gastronomic appeal. Watermelon Puzzle has it all! Delicious intern...
If you like spicy foods, but not too spicy, try Barbara Norman's Estremaduran Gazpacho. The flavors ...
Cool, soothing, flavorful and relaxing, like a picnic on Nantucket or Cape Cod, Chilled Corn and Pot...