This wonderful dressing is sweet, aromatic and yet has a slightly tangy, herbal flavor that enhances the palate and brightens everything it accompanies. Simply delicious.
- 1 orange; grated, peel only
- 4 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 scallions; white parts only, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed in a mortar or under a spoon
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1 Tablespoon chives, sliced into narrow rounds
- 1 Tablespoon chervil or fennel leaves (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- PUT THE ORANGE PEEL, orange juice, lemon juice and vinegar in a bowl with the salt, scallions and crushed fennel seeds.
- Whisk in the oils, then the herbs.
- Taste, and adjust any of the ingredients if necessary.
- The dressing should be fresh and sparkly.
Use with poached or steamed asparagus, grilled or poached chicken, salads, vegetables and fruit.