Chiles, spices, garlic and onion combine well with citrus juices to create a tangy, tasty Citrus Barbecue Sauce that’s perfect on chicken, pork or fish.
Citrus Barbecue Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sauces
Serves: 2 1/3 cups
- 1 large onion; finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ground red chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Ancho chile; seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 Cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook onion, ground red chiles, red pepper and ancho chile in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.