Serve Citrus and Mint Marinated Sea Scallops in a variety of ways, every one of them absolutely correct and perfect. The marinade adds so much great taste to the sweet succulent flavor of sea scallops. Seriously good eating.
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 3 Tablespoons minced chives
- 3 Tablespoons minced mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup butter; cut into 6 pieces
- Rinse scallops and place in large bowl. Combine orange juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, chives, mint, oil and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Pour over scallops and toss gently. Cover and marinate 1 hour, but no longer, in the refrigerator.
- Lift scallops from marinade with slotted spoon; reserve marinade. Grill scallops over medium coals just until done and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they will be tough and rubbery. Keep scallops warm.
- Pour marinade into small saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Boil until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in butter, bit by bit, until sauce is thick and emulsified. Strain sauce and serve with scallops.
Basmati Rice, originating in India and Pakistan is truly a fragrant grain. Use it when serving spicy...
Apple Brown Betty is a classic apple dessert worthy of both praise and appreciation. Its full of swe...
Easter Ham with Peach Glaze is a delectable way to serve an extraordinary meal for the holiday, with...
Named for our publisher's niece, Olivia, this exceptional and flavorful barbecue sauce is perfect fo...