Serve Citrus and Mint Marinated Sea Scallops in a variety of ways, every one of them absolutely correct and perfect. The marinade adds so much great taste to the sweet succulent flavor of sea scallops. Seriously good eating.
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 3 Tablespoons minced chives
- 3 Tablespoons minced mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup butter; cut into 6 pieces
- Rinse scallops and place in large bowl. Combine orange juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, chives, mint, oil and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Pour over scallops and toss gently. Cover and marinate 1 hour, but no longer, in the refrigerator.
- Lift scallops from marinade with slotted spoon; reserve marinade. Grill scallops over medium coals just until done and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they will be tough and rubbery. Keep scallops warm.
- Pour marinade into small saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Boil until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in butter, bit by bit, until sauce is thick and emulsified. Strain sauce and serve with scallops.
New England Clam Chowder is filled with tender morsels of clam and potato, a sublime combination of ...
For anyone who loves crispy potatoes, Lacy Potato Pancakes (Latkes) is the perfect solution. Serve w...
Microwaved Italian-Style Post Roast is a delicious, flavorful and quick way to prepare a superb fami...
An old French recipe, adapted to English and American cookery, Beef Vigneron is an exceptional dish ...