Serve Citrus and Mint Marinated Sea Scallops in a variety of ways, every one of them absolutely correct and perfect. The marinade adds so much great taste to the sweet succulent flavor of sea scallops. Seriously good eating.
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 3 Tablespoons minced chives
- 3 Tablespoons minced mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup butter; cut into 6 pieces
- Rinse scallops and place in large bowl. Combine orange juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, chives, mint, oil and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Pour over scallops and toss gently. Cover and marinate 1 hour, but no longer, in the refrigerator.
- Lift scallops from marinade with slotted spoon; reserve marinade. Grill scallops over medium coals just until done and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they will be tough and rubbery. Keep scallops warm.
- Pour marinade into small saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Boil until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in butter, bit by bit, until sauce is thick and emulsified. Strain sauce and serve with scallops.
Eggplant Flan with Red and Yellow Tomato Coulis is an exceptional delight - a blend of flavors that ...
One of the nicest cheesecakes you could make, with a rich and delicious glaze. Creamy Raspberry-Glaz...
Banana, Pineapple and Mincemeat Strudel with Chocolate Rum Sauce is quite a mouthful to say, and to ...
Game Hens with Olives makes an exceptional, exciting and alluring dinner. It is classy, but not aloo...