This rich, creamy cheesecake is a superb Italian creation that blends flavors which soothe the palate after a delicious meal. Glorious with a cup of espresso or an after-dinner liqueur.
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 Cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon chocolate flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, rum, chocolate flavoring, cocoa and sugar until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a well-buttered 9 inch springform pan and bake in a preheated 450 degree F. oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 F and continue to bake for another hour, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, remove the sides of the springform pan and decorate the top of the cake with the confectioner's sugar.
- Either refrigerate or serve immediately.
Simple, easy preparation makes Amaretto Cream Filled Cake (Zuccotto Ripieno) an intoxicating delight...
Easy to make and better to eat, our gooey, saucy Bellissimo Pizza Burger is simply amazing. Unique ...
Roast Turkey with Corn Bread Stuffing is an outstanding recipe for a holiday meal, or one served any...
The "21" Club was a New York speakeasy, with a checkered past of Prohibition-era antics that are leg...