This rich, creamy cheesecake is a superb Italian creation that blends flavors which soothe the palate after a delicious meal. Glorious with a cup of espresso or an after-dinner liqueur.
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 Cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon chocolate flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, rum, chocolate flavoring, cocoa and sugar until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a well-buttered 9 inch springform pan and bake in a preheated 450 degree F. oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 F and continue to bake for another hour, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, remove the sides of the springform pan and decorate the top of the cake with the confectioner's sugar.
- Either refrigerate or serve immediately.
New York's favorite dessert, made truly rich, creamy and exceptionally flavorful. New York Cheesecak...
If you like spicy foods, but not too spicy, try Barbara Norman's Estremaduran Gazpacho. The flavors ...
Salzburger Nockerl is an extraordinary creation that looks like the mountains near Salzburg, Austria...
Bavarian Pot Roast is a warming, soothing comfort food that embodies the taste of the season. Simply...