An afternoon cup of tea or coffee is always best with a delicious piece of our moist Cinnamon Swirl Coffeecake.
Cinnamon Swirl Coffeecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 2 cakes, 32 slices
- 6 Cups cake flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Cup butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2 Cups sugar, granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup egg substitute
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Cups light sour cream
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon (filling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 nonstick bundt pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter in a 6-quart mixing bowl, using a paddle attachment. Add granulated sweetener and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add the egg substitute and vanilla. Beat briefly to incorporate. Add applesauce and half of the sour cream. Add reserved sifted ingredients. Beat until smooth. Add remaining sour cream and blend just until incorporated and batter is uniform. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 of cake batter in a bowl. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Place 1/4 of the cake batter into each prepared pan. Place 1/2 of filling into each pan. Swirl with knife. Cover filling in each pan with 1/2 of the remaining batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.