Rich, flavorful and creamy, Cinnamon Rice Pudding is an exceptional recipe of great delicacy and taste. Elegant presentation makes it a special treat.
Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1/2 Cup Carnaroli rice
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 1 1/2 whole milk
- 1 1/2 heavy cream
- 1 cinnamon stick, roasted
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1 Cup assorted dried fruit (golden and brown raisins, cherries, apricot or figs)
- 2 Tablespoons candied ginger
- 3/4 Cup apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 sheets Phyllo dough
- 8 ounces clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon saffron, toasted
- 1/2 Cup candied pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash rice in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, rice, whole milk, heavy cream and a cinnamon stick in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until rice is al dente.
- Combine dried fruit, candied ginger, apple cider and lemon juice in a small pot and simmer over low heat until cider is reduced by 1/2.
- In a spice grinder or food processor, grind sugar with saffron.
- Generously butter phyllo sheets and sprinkle with saffron-sugar mixture.
- Cut each sheet into eight even rectangles. Pinch a corner of each rectangle and scrunch them into abstract shapes.
- Place on a greased sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To assemble, divide rice pudding evenly among 8 parfait glasses. Top with fruit compote and candied pistachios and garnish with phyllo.