There’s few recipes like our delicious Cider Poached Whole Apples. Full of flavor and easy to make, these are simple treasures of delectable goodness.
Cider Poached Whole Apples
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 small Granny Smith apples, cored
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 Cup sweet fresh cider
- 1/4 stick (1 ounce) unsalted butter
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- heavy cream, to serve (optional)
- Slit the skin of the apples around the middle with a sharp knife and arrange the apples in a shallow flameproof casserole.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and pour over the cider. Dot with the butter and add the cinnamon stick.
- Cover with a lid and simmer very gently for 15 to 20 minutes, until the apples are tender. Serve hot with heavy cream, if wished.