Christmas Semifreddo with Raisins and Marrons Glaces is an indulgent dessert with a hint of sweet rum that you can freeze for up to one month – perfect for festive entertaining. You may serve Semifreddo by slicing or scooping. Either way, dip the knife or scoop in hot water first and shake off excess (do not wipe). This makes portioning much easier.
- 1/3 Cup plus one teaspoon Jamaican rum
- 1/4 pound good quality raisins
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 ounces caster (granulated) sugar
- 1 pound sweetened Chestnut Puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
- 7 ounces Marrons Glaces, (chestnuts) roughly chopped
- 1 3/4 Cups heavy cream
- whipped cream
- 4 marrons glaces; up to 8
- 1 sprig holly (optional)
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Line a pudding bowl with a double thickness of cling film.
- Put the rum and raisins in a small saucepan, warm until the rum almost reaches boiling point and then turn off the heat and let the raisins plump up and cool in the rum.
- Meanwhile, separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir the chestnut puree, vanilla essence, cold plump raisins, rum and roughly chopped marrons glaces into the egg yolks.
- Mix gently but thoroughly, then refrigerate while you whip the cream and egg whites.
- Whip the cream and chill. Whisk the egg whites stiffly.
- Fold the whipped cream into the rum and raisin mixture, then fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour gently into the lined pudding bowl.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Turn out on to a chilled serving dish.
- Remove the cling film and decorate with whipped cream, marrons glaces and top with a sprig of holly then dust with cocoa powder.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Easter Ham with Peach Glaze is a delectable way to serve an extraordinary meal for the holiday, with...
Senegalese Chicken Yassa is an exciting, spicy and delicious recipe that is perfect for celebrating ...
Alsatian Cassoulet offers a flavorful, vegetarian meal that will be savored by your family and guest...
Chocolate Armagnac Cake is a complex recipe resulting in one of the most glorious, flavorful chocola...