Christmas Mincemeat Parcels are a delicious and elegant way to prepare a wonderful dessert. Flavorful and elegant for Christmastime.
Christmas Mincemeat Parcels
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package fillo or phyllo pastry; defrosted (7 ounces)
- 1 jar mincemeat; (411 grams/14.5 ounces)
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 15 g butter; melted (1/2 ounce/1/4 stick)
- 1 Tablespoon Confectioners' or icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C., 375 degrees F., Gas Mark 5.
- Trim the pastry sheets and cut into approximately 24 x 15cm (6-inch) squares.
- Place 3 filo pastry squares on top of each other at a slight angle to form a 12 pointed "star". Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the mincemeat mixture in the center and add a little grated orange rind. Carefully pick up the pastry corners to enclose the filling and press together to form a "parcel".
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and mincemeat to make 8 parcels. Arrange on a baking tray and lightly brush the parcels with melted butter.
- Place in the preheated oven on the middle oven shelf for 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Dust with sugar before serving.
NOTES : A delicious alternative to mince pies.