Making these buttery cookies with your kids can be a warm and wonderful family event, with a tasty finish!
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 2 dozen
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend sugar and shortening well. Stir in beaten eggs and vanila.
- Sift and mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture, blending well. Chill.
- Turn on to lightly blouredboard and roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with floured cutters.
- Before baking, sprinkle colored sugar on to the cookies. It sticks and then there's no need for frosting, unless you would rather have it.
- On greased cookie sheets, bake in 375 deg. F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Yield: 2 servings