Twenty-two cookie varieties are found within this exceptional collection of delectable Christmas confections.
Christmas Cookie Bonanza Part 2
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 recipe basic cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- CHECKERBOARD SQUARES
melted chocolate or chocolate icing and white icing
- In large bowl of electric mixer, combine cookie mix, egg and vanilla.
- At low speed, beat until mixture forms a dough.
- Divide dough in half; remove one half from bowl. To dough in bowl, add cocoa powder; knead to mix well.
- On work surface, on separate sheets of waxed paper, roll each half of dough to 9x6" rectangle. Using paper to lift dough, invert plain dough onto top of chocolate dough. Remove paper from plain dough.
- Using long chef's knife, cut doughs lengthwise into 2" wide strips. Stack strips, removing waxed paper and alternating colors.
- Cut stack lengthwise into three equal strips. Stack strips so colors alternate; gently press stack so dough layers stick together.
- Wrap stack in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Remove plastic wrap from dough; cut stack crosswise into 1/4" slices. Place slices checkerboard side down on prepared baking sheets; bake 8 min or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. With pastry bag and writing, decorate cookies with dots of chocolate and icing. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- GINGERBREAD PEOPLE
1 recipe basic cookie mix
1/3 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
red cinnamon candies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, combine cookie ingredients; at low speed, beat until mixture forms a dough. Divide dough into thirds.
- Working with one third at a time, on lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/8" thick; cut out with 3" cookie cutter.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 min or until just beginning to brown.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Decorate with icing and candies. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Try these with a cold glass of milk or eggnog.