Chopped Chef's Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salad, Main
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, sliced and diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced and diced into small cubes
- 2 to 3 slices of salami, finely diced into small slices
- 1/4 pound roast beef, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 pound grilled chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 pound Swiss cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 pound Cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cucumber, sliced and diced into small cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced and diced into cubes
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup of fresh herbs (basil, parsley and cilantro)
- Combine all the salad ingredients on a plate or in a bowl. Layer from the bottom up: lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and then the rest on top.
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor or blender and whirl it around until the herbs are finely chopped and all is well mixed (emulsified).
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad.
- Store the dressing at in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Remove for 30 minutes and shake before use.