Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 1 Cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chips, melted
- 3 Tablespoons almond flavored liqueur
- 2 Cups sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine crumbs, pecans, granulated sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and brown sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in chocolate and liqueur; pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 35 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sour cream and granulated sugar; carefully spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill.
VARIATION: Substitute 2 Tablespoons milk and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract for almond flavored liqueur.