When a recipe is legendary, it is flexible, as this recipe for Chocolate Truffles clearly presents. Luscious eating and variability.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Confectionery
Serves: 40 pieces
- 3 packages (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- coatings (see Instructions)
- In heavy, medium sized saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Chill mixture for 1 hour, or until firm. Shape into 1 inch balls, dip in coatings. Place in foil or candy cups, chill one hour, or until firm. Store covered at room temperature.
- Coatings: finely chopped nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, unsweetened cocoa powder, confectioner's sugar, silver shot candies, miniature marshmallows, miniature candies, crushed candy cane or peppermints, etc.