Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1/4 Cup butter; melted
- 1 Cup granulated sugar (mix white and raw for an interesting effect)
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt; generous
- chopped slivered almonds
- chopped walnuts
- shaved dark chocolate
- shaved milk chocolate
- For Plating:
- a sprig of fresh mint
- a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (your favorite flavor)
- fresh fruit for garnish, sliced or diced.
- Melt butter in the microwave in a small glass or ceramic bowl (microwave safe) and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the sugar, salt and cocoa powder until thorougly mixed.
- While whisking, slowly add the melted butter and continue mixing gently until blended, but dry.
- Using a fork, continue mixing until it looks like dark soil.
- Optionally, at this stage mix in the chopped nuts to give the soil texture.
- Finally, gently blend in shaved chocolate to give the appearance of bark and natural forest compost in the soil.
- Plate a liberal pile of "soil" on a white plate. Use a fork to ensure that it looks natural. Insert into the top of it a sprig of mint.
- Using two large tablespoons, form an egg-shaped scoop of your favorite ice cream and serve on the side.
- Garnish with fresh fruit.
Short of eating raw veggies, food and Earth Day have yet to find a happy medium. While this is not the most ecological dessert, it certainly represents the beauty of our Earth.
(Visited 4,676 times, 1 visits today)