What can one say about Chocolate Pudding except that it is a true classic and a favorite of young and old? Homemade beats any pre-made or mix and is very easy to make. Try this one and surprise your family with your own fresh pudding.
Make an attempt a layering it with pound cake or fresh raspberries or strawberries for a unique twist.
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream; (optional)
- Put cornstarch, sugar, cocoa, salt and 1/2 cup milk into 2-cup jar with lid. Screw on lid snugly and shake until mixture looks smooth.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with large spoon. Do not leave pan unattended; as soon as mixture becomes hot, it will thicken quickly. When pudding is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot pudding into 4 small bowls. Let cool at room temperature 1 hour and serve warm with spoonful of slightly sweetened whipped cream, if desired. Or let cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe yields 4 (1/2 cup) servings.
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries is a simple, easy way to make a quick summer dessert. Perfect for e...
One of the classics of great Jewish cuisine, yet quite easy to prepare, Friday Night Brisket is alwa...
Chilled Artichoke Soup is an incredibly flavorful potage with delicate flavor and incredible nutriti...
An ideal accompaniment to summertime barbecue, grilled meats or fish, sandwiches or salads. Southern...