Chocolate Instant Breakfast
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beverages
- 1 Cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small banana; or ripe peeled pear
- 2 teaspoon chocolate sauce; recipe below
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate Sauce:
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup cocoa cold water
- 8 teaspoons artificial sweetener granules
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE: Combine cornstarch and cocoa. Whisk into cold water in a saucepan until there are no dry bits. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir 1 minute until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, stir in sweetener (aspartame is OK) and vanilla and allow to cool. Store in clean jar in refrigerator up to 6 weeks. Makes 12 servings, about 2 1/4 cups. 3 tb serving 12 calories, 2 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram protein, 1++ extra choice (free exchange).
- MOCHA SAUCE: Substitute 2 cups strong coffee for water.
- INSTANT BREAKFAST: Combine milk, egg, banana, sauce and vanilla in a blender. Blend at high speed 1 min or until frothy. Makes about 1 1/2 cup.