Richly flavored with buttery hazelnuts, Chocolate Hazelnut Toffee is a delicious confection; a sweet treat for candy lovers in your family.
Chocolate Hazelnut Toffee
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Snacks
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/3 Cup chopped Oregon hazelnuts
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2/3 Cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook to 290 degrees F. or until a small amount forms a brittle thread in cold water. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped hazelnuts. Spread evenly on buttered baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Break toffee in small pieces and coat with chocolate, then roll in finely chopped hazelnuts.