Chocolate Fudge Brownies are exquisite, luscious morsels of rich, chocolate cake with an incredible apricot glaze. These tasty morsels are a superb treat. Perfect with milk or afternoon tea. Our recipe is adapted from The Palmer House in Chicago.
- 1 pound 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound crushed walnuts, crushed
- Apricot Glaze, hot (recipe follows), as needed
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, flour and baking powder. Add chocolate to dry ingredients and mix 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs.
- Pour batter into 9-inch-by-12-inch baking sheet. Sprinkle walnuts on top and press down slightly.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until edges become crispy and batter has risen about 1/4 inch, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool 30 minutes. Spread thin layer of apricot glaze over top using pastry brush.
- Mix water, preserves and gelatin thoroughly in saucepan. Bring to boil for 2 minutes. Use hot.
Todd English has become a master of creative pizzas, adding unusual ingredients rarely, if ever foun...
Cool, aromatic and seductive, this alluring Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup makes a great start t...
In every morsel of Low-Country Shrimp and Grits, one experiences the vast wealth of flavors this dis...
Pecan Tassies are tasty little morsels, like bite-sized pecan pies. Simply scrumptious treats ...