Chocolate Fudge Brownies are exquisite, luscious morsels of rich, chocolate cake with an incredible apricot glaze. These tasty morsels are a superb treat. Perfect with milk or afternoon tea. Our recipe is adapted from The Palmer House in Chicago.
- 1 pound 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound crushed walnuts, crushed
- Apricot Glaze, hot (recipe follows), as needed
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, flour and baking powder. Add chocolate to dry ingredients and mix 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs.
- Pour batter into 9-inch-by-12-inch baking sheet. Sprinkle walnuts on top and press down slightly.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until edges become crispy and batter has risen about 1/4 inch, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool 30 minutes. Spread thin layer of apricot glaze over top using pastry brush.
- Mix water, preserves and gelatin thoroughly in saucepan. Bring to boil for 2 minutes. Use hot.
Pot au Feu is a classic French comfort dish. It takes the better part of an afternoon to prepare, bu...
Lemon Pudding Cake is unusual, creative and delicious. You'll find the results will delight all who ...
Chopped Chicken Liver is a wonderful recipe perfect suited to be served as an appetizer, main course...
Jamaican Turkey Burgers are spicy, delicious and enticing sandwiches, perfect for luncheon or dinner...