Chocolate Fudge Brownies are exquisite, luscious morsels of rich, chocolate cake with an incredible apricot glaze. These tasty morsels are a superb treat. Perfect with milk or afternoon tea. Our recipe is adapted from The Palmer House in Chicago.
- 1 pound 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound crushed walnuts, crushed
- Apricot Glaze, hot (recipe follows), as needed
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, flour and baking powder. Add chocolate to dry ingredients and mix 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs.
- Pour batter into 9-inch-by-12-inch baking sheet. Sprinkle walnuts on top and press down slightly.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until edges become crispy and batter has risen about 1/4 inch, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool 30 minutes. Spread thin layer of apricot glaze over top using pastry brush.
- Mix water, preserves and gelatin thoroughly in saucepan. Bring to boil for 2 minutes. Use hot.
These tasty, crunchy biscuits are a gem of American colonial cuisine and as modern today as they wer...
If you like spicy foods, but not too spicy, try Barbara Norman's Estremaduran Gazpacho. The flavors ...
Consomme is a multi-step process that results in a clear, flavorful soup. Reducing consomme produces...
Very little wheat grows in Alicante, Spain, but you can find almond trees everywhere, so the flour i...