Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious, favorite morning treat, perfect with a cup of coffee for a quick breakfast. Kids love them, and so do adults. Yummy.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups chocolate chip (or a mixture of dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. In another bowl, toss the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture.
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add the granulate sugar and beat for 2 minutes; add the light brown sugar and beat for a further 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla extract and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Still beating – on low speed – alternately add the flour mixture (in 3 times) and the milk (in 2 times).
- Stir in the chocolate chip and divide the batter between 14 muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pan onto a wire rack and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the pan and serve.