A refreshingly flavorful recipe that brings a taste of summertime to your plate. The pairing of chipotle and chocolate makes a glorious barbecue sauce. Chipotle Chocolate Barbecue Ribs are superb, anytime of year. Serve them along side a good homemade coleslaw, cornbread and butter, and your favorite salad.
- 1 slab (12 to 15 ribs) pork ribs
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup allspice
- 1/4 cup nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- salt, pepper to taste
- Barbeque Sauce (recipe follows) as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1/4 Cup white onion, chopped
- 1 Cup dried cherries
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 Cup port wine
- 3/4 Cup ketchup
- 1/4 Cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Mix paprika, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper together. Rub mixture onto ribs.
- Roast ribs 275 degrees F, uncovered, 2 1/2 hours. Cool; portion.
- To order, baste ribs in sauce and reheat.
- Heat butter in a large pot. Add onions, cherries and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce reaches a semi-thick consistency.
The enticing, alluring flavors of Blood Orange Salad with Blue Cheese and Pecans bring a treasured b...
For an absolutely wonderful side dish, try homemade Au Gratin Potatoes. Simply wonderful with roast...
Minestrone with Cannellini Beans offers a rich, flavorful soup that warms the heart and soothes the ...
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce has become an American classic, and perfect for...