Chinese-style Egg Drop Soup is an incredibly tasty soup, adapted from the Cantonese (Hong Kong) original. A warming, filling treat.
Chinese-style Egg Drop Soup
This British version is amazing and delicious.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 2 1/2 pints
- 2 pints (1.1 litres) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) soy sauce
- pinch of ground ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce (25 g) long grain rice
- 2 ounces (50 g) cooked white chicken meat, finely shredded
- 7 ounce (198 g) can corn niblets, drained
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) sherry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Put the stock into a large saucepan. Add the soy sauce, ginger and seasoning, and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken, corn and sherry and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Trickle the eggs into the soup in a very thin stream, stirring well so that the egg sets in fine strings in the soup. Adjust the seasoning and serve very hot.