Chinese Egg Drop Soup is a classic and a favorite of Chinese-American takeout restaurants. It is rich, tasty, and sultry.
Chinese Egg Drop Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground white pepper
- 1 green onion or scallion with part of the top; finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat chicken broth, salt and white pepper to boiling in 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir green onions into eggs.
- Pour egg mixture slowly into boiling broth, stirring constantly with fork to form shreds of egg.