Cool, soothing and very relaxing, Chilled Zucchini Soup is packed with nutrition and flavor. Totally enjoyable and deliciously refreshing.
Chilled Zucchini Soup
Author: Elizabeth Powell
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 large zucchini; cut in chunks
- 1 bunch celery tops; 1 bunch
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup chives; chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley; chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon curry; to taste
- Saute onion in butter. Add broth, zucchini, celery, bay leaves, chives, and parsley.
- Simmer until zucchini is very soft.
- Remove bay leaves, and puree in small batches with blender.
- Before serving, add buttermilk, salt, cayenne, and curry to taste.
- Chill and serve cold.