An exceptionally fine, cool soup that provides a deliciously flavorful and relaxing taste. We like to serve Chilled Shrimp and Cucumber Soup with three sauteed shrimps floating on top.
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped roughly
- 1/4 pound peeled shrimps, thawed if frozen
- 16 ounces low fat natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- mint sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- 12 extra-large shrimps, peeled, deveined and sauteed with light olive oil, garlic and paprika (optional)
- Place the cucumber, shrimps, yogurt and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until roughly chopped, but not too smooth.
- Stir in the herbs and season to taste.
- Pour into individual dishes and chill thoroughly for about 1 hour.
- Serve garnished with a sprig of mint each or optionally, with sauteed shrimp and spiced oil.
While this soup is delicous on its own, some people find cucumber and yogurt soups rather bland. This garnish adds a hint of spice and added shrimp flavor.
Originally a German tradition, the Christmas Goose became a favorite in England during Queen Victori...
Sweet Corn and Lemongrass Soup is a wondrous dish, with rich, exotic flavors, yet incredible comfort...
Ricotta is ideal for making Tuscan Cheesecake, adding a wonderful flavor and smooth, creamy texture ...
The classic Alsatian dish, Quiche Lorraine, provides a warm, comforting slice of pleasure that bring...