For a unique treat, serve your guests or family a bowl of Chilled Rhubarb Soup to start off an amazing meal. With strawberries, this is perfection!
Chilled Rhubarb Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3 Cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 Cup sugar, to 1 Cup
- sliced oranges
- sliced kiwifruit AND/OR additional strawberries, optional
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring strawberries, rhubarb and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar to taste. In a blender or food processor, blend half the fruit mixture at a time until smooth. Chill.
- To serve, spoon into soup bowls and if desired, garnish with oranges, and/or kiwi.