Chilled Raspberry Soup is an extraordinary dish with incredible flavors. The tangy taste of raspberries is complemented by sherry and softened with sour cream.
Chilled Raspberry Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 Cup cold water
- 3/4 Cup hot water
- 30 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 1/2 Cups sour cream (28-ounces)
- 1 1/3 Cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/3 Cups half and half
- 1 1/3 Cups dry sherry
- 1/3 Cup grenadine
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- mint leaves, for garnish
- whole raspberries, for garnish
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Stir in hot water and dissolve over low heat.
- Push raspberries through a strainer to remove seeds, then puree.
- Combine all ingredients and place in a glass bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with mint and/or whole raspberries.