Cold soups are easy to make because all they usually need is one quick turn in the blender. Chilled Cucumber-Melon Soup with Radish Salsa combines two of nature’s best vegetables and fruit with a delectable combination of flavors and textures to please the most selective palate.
- 3/4 Cup each plain yogurt and creme fraiche
- 1 medium-size seedless cucumber
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 Cups very ripe honeydew melon
- 8 radishes
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper
- sprinkling of snipped fresh chives
- a small dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche
- In a blender, puree 3/4 Cup each plain yogurt and creme fraiche, 1 medium-size seedless cucumber, in chunks, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1 small clove garlic, crushed through a press.
- Pour into a bowl. Add 2 Cups very ripe honeydew or galia melon to blender; puree. Add to cucumber mixture and stir to combine; chill.
- Julienne 8 radishes; combine in a bowl with 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with radish salsa, a sprinkling of snipped fresh chives, and a small dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche.
Grilling pizza is not a typical use for most grills, but it should be. The extraordinary results are...
The Roast Turkey Reuben is a modified classic using hand-carved turkey as a foundation for a superio...
These delightful pears may be used in several ways. Warm, they make great side dishes with holiday t...
Pasta Primavera is a glorious rite of Spring and delicious blend of fresh vegetables that enriches, ...