Cold soups are easy to make because all they usually need is one quick turn in the blender. Chilled Cucumber-Melon Soup with Radish Salsa combines two of nature’s best vegetables and fruit with a delectable combination of flavors and textures to please the most selective palate.
- 3/4 Cup each plain yogurt and creme fraiche
- 1 medium-size seedless cucumber
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 Cups very ripe honeydew melon
- 8 radishes
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper
- sprinkling of snipped fresh chives
- a small dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche
- In a blender, puree 3/4 Cup each plain yogurt and creme fraiche, 1 medium-size seedless cucumber, in chunks, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1 small clove garlic, crushed through a press.
- Pour into a bowl. Add 2 Cups very ripe honeydew or galia melon to blender; puree. Add to cucumber mixture and stir to combine; chill.
- Julienne 8 radishes; combine in a bowl with 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with radish salsa, a sprinkling of snipped fresh chives, and a small dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche.
Madras Curry Fried Chicken is a wonderful, spicy version of the picnic classic, and delicious for lu...
The verdant green of springtime is reflected in this flavorful Pistachio Cake. Ideal for afternoon t...
The flavors of the season fill the air as you cook The Taste of Autumn Pasta. Rich sage, sausage, a...
Shown here with Caramelized Onions, the World's Best Chicken Liver Pate lives up to its name, delive...