Cold soups are easy to make because all they usually need is one quick turn in the blender. Chilled Cucumber-Melon Soup with Radish Salsa combines two of nature’s best vegetables and fruit with a delectable combination of flavors and textures to please the most selective palate.
- 3/4 Cup each plain yogurt and creme fraiche
- 1 medium-size seedless cucumber
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 Cups very ripe honeydew melon
- 8 radishes
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper
- sprinkling of snipped fresh chives
- a small dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche
- In a blender, puree 3/4 Cup each plain yogurt and creme fraiche, 1 medium-size seedless cucumber, in chunks, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1 small clove garlic, crushed through a press.
- Pour into a bowl. Add 2 Cups very ripe honeydew or galia melon to blender; puree. Add to cucumber mixture and stir to combine; chill.
- Julienne 8 radishes; combine in a bowl with 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with radish salsa, a sprinkling of snipped fresh chives, and a small dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche.
Pan-seared Salmon with Lemon-Butter Sauce is a luscious, flavorful dish well suited to a wonderful e...
Apple-Raisin Stuffing is an incredible accompaniment to your holiday or weekend roast turkey or goos...
The flavor of Brown Mushroom Gravy make it perfect for mashed potatoes, and meatloaf, steaks or turk...
Original Shortbread Trefoils are the genuine recipe for the delicious cookies sold by the Girl Scout...