Refreshing, cool, and relaxing, Chilled Cucumber and Yogurt Soup brings great comfort with every spoonful. Seriously delicious.
Chilled Cucumber and Yogurt Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove; sliced
- 1 onion; diced small
- 3 seedless cucumbers; peeled, chopped (or green cucumber peeled and seeded)
- 4 Cups chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 Cups plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- Heat oil over medium-high flame and saute garlic and onion until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add cucumbers and cook (stirring) for about 5 minutes more. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 12 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and puree in blender or food processor. Stir in yogurt and dill. Season with salt and pepper and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serve in chilled bowls.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
Serving size: each serving Calories: 511 Fat: 39 g Carbohydrates: 28 g Sodium: 174 mg Protein: 14 g Cholesterol: 47 mg