Cool, aromatic and seductive, this alluring Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup makes a great start to a meal or a main course, particularly for lunch. Spectacular.
Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large cucumber (about 1 pound); peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 Cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 Cup cilantro leaves (firmly packed)
- 1/2 Cup nonfat or lowfat milk
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- salt; to taste
- grilled chicken to complement the soup
- In a food processor or blender, combine cucumber, broth, cilantro, milk, and lemon juice; whirl until smoothly pureed.
- Season puree to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate until cold (at least 2 hours) or until next day.
- When serving, portion soup into bowls with sliced grilled chicken..
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Serving size: each serving without chicken Calories: 38 Fat: 0.7 g Carbohydrates: 6 g Sodium: 43 mg Protein: 3 g Cholesterol: 0.6 mg