A sultry, seductive cold soup, Chilled Clam Bisque brings a richness to the palate few other summertime soups achieve. Simply delicious.
Chilled Clam Bisque
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 can baby clams (10 ounces); with juices
- 1 Cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- salt; to taste
- chopped chives
- paprika; as desired
- Put clams and juice in a blender; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add cream, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, pepper and salt.
- Serve chilled; sprinkle with chives and paprika. A little milk can also be added if you prefer a thinner bisque; but must be added during the blender process.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Serving size: each serving Calories: 157 Fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 3 g Sodium: 44 mg Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 53 mg