Chilled Carrot Soup is a cooling, refreshing treat for summertime. The sweet flavor is rich in vitamins while thoroughly enjoyable. Perfect for elegant entertaining or a casual family meal.
- 1 pound carrots; cut in 1" pieces
- 5 Cups carrot juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- curry powder; (optional)
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground white pepper (optional), to taste
- parsley; for garnish
- Simmer carrots, 2 1/2 Cups carrot juice, butter, honey, and a dash curry powder, if desired, in saucepan until liquid has evaporated, about 1 hour. Add cream, bring to simmer and cook 3 minutes.
- Puree in blender with remaining carrot juice until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Push through fine mesh strainer, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Divide among 6 chilled soup bowls and garnish with curly leaf parsley.
Recipe from by Thomas Keller (chef at the French Laundry in the Napa Valley) and Michael Ruhlman, co-authors of "The French Laundry Cookbook" (Artisan)
Lemon Pudding Cake is unusual, creative and delicious. You'll find the results will delight all who ...
Boston Brown Bread is a New England classic and perfectly suited to accompany Cider Braised Turkey T...
Preserving the summer harvest is a great way to keep seasonal flavors all year long. Zesty Marinated...
If you love Creme Brulee, you're going to simply adore Creme Brulee French Toast, a rich breakfast t...