Chilled Carrot Soup is a cooling, refreshing treat for summertime. The sweet flavor is rich in vitamins while thoroughly enjoyable. Perfect for elegant entertaining or a casual family meal.
- 1 pound carrots; cut in 1" pieces
- 5 Cups carrot juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- curry powder; (optional)
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground white pepper (optional), to taste
- parsley; for garnish
- Simmer carrots, 2 1/2 Cups carrot juice, butter, honey, and a dash curry powder, if desired, in saucepan until liquid has evaporated, about 1 hour. Add cream, bring to simmer and cook 3 minutes.
- Puree in blender with remaining carrot juice until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Push through fine mesh strainer, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Divide among 6 chilled soup bowls and garnish with curly leaf parsley.
Recipe from by Thomas Keller (chef at the French Laundry in the Napa Valley) and Michael Ruhlman, co-authors of "The French Laundry Cookbook" (Artisan)
Pâté de Campagne is a rustic meat served as a luncheon or appetizer course, or may be served as a ma...
Holidays seem to increase the glorious flavors of Old Fashioned Apple Pie, a traditional American de...
The wonderful flavor of pork is magnificently enhanced in Baby Back Barbecue Ribs that produces deli...
Spicy Lamb Samosas can be very spicy indeed, but brighten the palate with every exciting bite. Keep ...