Chicken Wings in Five Spices
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 12 chicken wings - whole
- 1 Cup water-chestnut flour
- 4 Cups peanut oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 Cups light soy sauce
- 1/8 Cups dry Sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Five-Spice powder
- Cut each wing into 3 logical pieces. Save the tips for soup and use only the 2 meatier parts for this recipe.
- Prepare the marinade and marinate the wing pieces for 1/2 hour. Drain and toss in the water-chestnut flour.
- Deep-fry at 360 F until golden brown, about 5 minutes.