Perfect for party or picnic, Chicken, Strawberry and Spinach Salad is a tasty, refreshing and filling compilation of tasty ingredients, brimming with nutritious vitamins and minerals.
- 6 grilled chicken breast, julienned and chilled
- 8 Cups spinach, washed and drained
- 3 Cups strawberries, washed, stemmed, sliced
- Spinach Salad Dressing (recipe follows), to taste
- 6 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Cup simple syrup
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup onions, slivered
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken strips on grill; heat to 165 degrees F. For use at a picnic, cut chicken into strips, place in an airtight container and chill.
- Place spinach in bowl, creating a mound in center. Top with strawberries. For a picnic, keep each in separate airtight containers and slice washed, hulled strawberries just before serving.
- Place cooked chicken atop. Stir dressing; pour 2 ounces evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve.
- Combine ingredients in bowl; whisk thoroughly. Refrigerate at 41F or lower at least 1 hour before serving. For picnics, keep chilled till ready for use.
Simply a superb side dish or salad course, Corn Bread, Tomato and Cilantro Salad is a wonderful comb...
The light, soothing and creamy texture of delectable White Chocolate Mousse bursts upon the palate w...
There's a delightful tropical quality about Jamaican Banana Bread that makes it perfect for cooler w...
Steamed Maine Lobster on Fettuccine with Carrot, Ginger, Snow Peas and Cognac-Coral Butter Sauce is ...