Perfect for party or picnic, Chicken, Strawberry and Spinach Salad is a tasty, refreshing and filling compilation of tasty ingredients, brimming with nutritious vitamins and minerals.
- 6 grilled chicken breast, julienned and chilled
- 8 Cups spinach, washed and drained
- 3 Cups strawberries, washed, stemmed, sliced
- Spinach Salad Dressing (recipe follows), to taste
- 6 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Cup simple syrup
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup onions, slivered
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken strips on grill; heat to 165 degrees F. For use at a picnic, cut chicken into strips, place in an airtight container and chill.
- Place spinach in bowl, creating a mound in center. Top with strawberries. For a picnic, keep each in separate airtight containers and slice washed, hulled strawberries just before serving.
- Place cooked chicken atop. Stir dressing; pour 2 ounces evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve.
- Combine ingredients in bowl; whisk thoroughly. Refrigerate at 41F or lower at least 1 hour before serving. For picnics, keep chilled till ready for use.
If you're going to make a good Ballymaloe Irish Stew, why not make the recipe from Ireland's foremos...
Moist, sweet and luscious are the first thoughts that will come to your palate, but visually, Singed...
Pizzas come in all shapes and forms, but Tomato and Mozzarella Tart with Pesto is delightfully uniqu...
As we near St. Patrick's Day, our Emerald Isle Cupcakes make marvelous treats for your family, and p...