Delicious is an understatement for these Chinese delights that are sold in Hong Kong by the piece for luncheon only. Worldwide, Chicken Shao Mai make great appetizers for parties, and served for dinner as appetizers outside China.
- 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat, deboned
- 2 ounces Jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon plus sesame oil
- 25 Gyoza wrappers, 3 1/2-inch diameter
- as needed cornstarch
- as needed vegetable oil
- Process cleaned thigh meat and rice in food processor; slowly add egg whites.
- Blend cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, green onions and 1 Tablespoon sesame oil into meat mixture by hand.
- Wet gyoza wrapper with water; place about 3/4 teaspoon of filling in center of skin. Carefully wrap the skin around filling, leaving top open to make an open-faced dumpling. Pinch and fold skin to cover the outside. Flatten bottom.
- To store or freeze, place on wax paper-covered sheet pan sprinkled with cornstarch.
- To cook, shake off excess cornstarch. Sauté briefly in hot pan coated with vegetable oil and a little sesame oil; add lightly salted water, cover and steam until thoroughly cooked.
The quintessential Spanish recipe; Paella is full of exciting flavors and enticing textures. Visuall...
For a bit of tasty crunch and a superb side salad, try our delectable Wild Rice and Hazelnut Salad. ...
Oyster and Artichoke Soup is a rich, creamy soup with luscious flavor. The pairing of its key ingre...
Lamington Cupcakes are exceptional Australian treats and the foundation of many a contemporary comme...