For an extraordinary taste sensation try delicious, delectable Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. This Thai classic is a treasure trove of flavor.
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 40 satays
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
- 1 Cup peanut oil
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, shredded
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeño pepper, with seeds, minced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Cut chicken into finger-size pieces. For marinade, combine peanut oil, lemongrass, garlic, curry powder, honey, fish sauce and pepper flakes in large plastic food bag. Add chicken. Refrigerate 4 to 8 hours.
- Soak 40 6-inch bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Make peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, water, lime juice, soy sauce, jalapeño, garlic, sugar, oil and cayenne in saucepan. Simmer gently until sauce reaches desired consistency. Add cilantro and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Skewer meat; broil or grill until cooked. Serve with peanut sauce.