Chicken Noodle Soup with Basil Pesto is an incredibly flavorful soup with an aromatic quality unlike any comparable soup. Ideal for lunch as a main course or a soup course for dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini; quartered, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash; quartered, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion; diced small
- 4 can low-salt chicken broth (13 1/2 ounce)
- 1/4 Cup tomato paste
- 4 Cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 Cup fresh or canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup prepared basil pesto
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 pound egg noodles
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized stockpot. Add the zucchini, squash and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, tomato paste, cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, add the pesto and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the pasta water is boiling, add salt, then the noodles. Cook according to package directions until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the noodles among soup bowls, then ladle the hot soup over the top.
A hint of cinnamon adds a uniqueness to this alluring Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream and a sparkle to y...
Fudge Filled Cupcakes bring a luscious taste sensation with each bite. These are the kind of treat ...
Herbed Salmon in Foil is a simple, delicious, flavorful way of preparing this tasty seafood with min...
Tortilla Soup is a wonderful soup, accented with corn and tortilla strips, avocado and cheese, and f...