Chicken Mousselines with Roquefort Cheese
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 10 grams celery leaf
- 125 grams Roquefort cheese
- butter for greasing moulds
- salad leaves
- 1 210 g chicken breast; skinned and boned
- 2 egg whites
- 600 milliliters double cream; very cold
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 10 grams flat leafed parsley
- Prepare a steamer and heat. Cut the chicken into 1 inch dice and place into a food processor. Add 1/4tsp of salt and puree the chicken. Gradually add the egg whites and blend well.
- Slowly incorporate the cream and continue to blend to a light mousse consistency, season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Fold in the roughly chopped parsley and celery leaves. Lightly grease the moulds and carefully place the chicken mixture half way up the mould.
- Place the Roquefort cheese in the centre, then top with the chicken mousse. Cover with clingfilm and place into a steamer for approximately 20 minutes. Turn out onto a plate. Decorate with parsley and celery leaves.