The classic Chicken Milanese cutlet is served simply on the plate with a lemon wedge or two as a condiment. In America usually served with salad on top or on the side. The salad is usually dressed with a lemon-based dressing. Always delicious and refreshing.
- 4 chicken breast halves; skinless and boneless
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan; freshly grated
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan; freshly grated
- 3/4 Cup breadcrumbs; fresh white
- 1 Tablespoon parsley; minced fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper; freshly ground
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 Cups olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter; unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice; fresh
- 1 lemon; quartered
- parsley springs; fresh
- Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 3/8 inch, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Mix cheese, breadcrumbs, minced parsley, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Whisk egg with milk in medium bowl to blend. Dip chicken into egg, then into breadcrumb mixture, coating completely and pressing to adhere. Shake off excess breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in heavy large deep skillet to 375 degrees. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer to paper towels and drain. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Mix in lemon juice and pour over chicken. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
- We use olive oil for frying, and just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet.
Image, courtesy of NBC Today Show.
A sultry, seductive cold soup, Chilled Clam Bisque brings a richness to the palate few other summert...
Absolutely wonderful, these simple, yet flavorful biscuits are perfect for the Christmas holidays.
Many people have come to love the taste of our Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream. The Japanese tea has heal...
Yogurt softens the incredible heat of this intensely spicy Grilled Chicken in Yogurt Tandoori Marina...