One of the most glorious dishes ever created in the Ukraine, Chicken Kiev is cooked with a rich blend of butter and herbs. Its flavor is amazing, and the meat moist and tender. Just perfect.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Cup fine dry breadcrumbs or cracker meal
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, fresh, chopped
- 2 eggs, well blended
- 3 Tablespoons butter (more as needed
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice; from 1 lemon (more as needed)
- Fill a bowl full of either very fine cracker crumbs (straight Saltines; not anything weird) or very fine dry breadcrumbs.
- Add to this some parsley, chives, garlic powder and just a little tarragon.
- Coat chicken breasts with egg, then in the crumb mixture.
- Melt lots of butter in a heavy pan, moderate heat works best to brown, and cook the chicken without burning it or drying it out.
- Turn pieces frequently (2 to 3 times each side).
- After first side is done and while second side is cooking, sprinkle a little lemon juice on that side.
- Repeat each time you turn the pieces, trying not to get the lemon juice in the butter, just on the chicken; as the butter and lemon juice together make a lot of muss and fuss and noise.
- You will need to add butter once or twice more while cooking. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes to cook altogether.
Using many ingredients, this spicy sauce offers an incredible dining experience to be savored in Chi...
Pasta Primavera is a glorious rite of Spring and delicious blend of fresh vegetables that enriches, ...
Sweet, tangy and with a rich, tropical flavor, Apricot-Pineapple Barbecue Sauce is ideal for ribs, c...
The marvelous international flavors of Any Season Salad make it at home in Tuscany, Tijuana, or Toky...