Mole, an exceptional sauce originating in Mexico’s ancient past, is made with spices, raisins and other ingredients. The flavor is deep, rich and intense, adding a greatness to bland meats like chicken or turkey. Chicken in Mole Sauce is a treat, with roots in Aztec culinaria.
Using many ingredients, this spicy sauce offers an incredible dining experience to be savored in Chicken in Mole Sauce.
- 1 chipotle chile; dried
- 1/4 Cup shortening or lard
- 2 Tablespoons red chiles; ground
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 4 flour tortillas; *
- 1/4 Cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped, 1 small
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 1 Tablespoon almonds or walnuts; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds; shelled
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano; ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves; ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg; ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice; ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger; ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin; ground, or
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 8 chicken breast halves; **
- * Flour tortillas should be 7 to 8-inches in diameter and be cut into small pieces.
- ** Chicken breast halves should be boneless and the total weight should be about 4 pounds.
- Cover chile with warm water. Let stand until softened, about 1 hour. Drain and finely chop.
- Heat shortening in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Cook and stir ground red chiles in shortening until brown (add about 1/4 Tablespoon water to prevent scorching if necessary); cool. Stir in 2 cups of chicken broth. Stir in remaining ingredients except the remaining 1 cup of broth and chicken.
- Heat to boiling; reduce the heat and cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool.
- Place a small amount of the sauce into a blender container. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Repeat with the remaining sauce. Heat 1 cup of the sauce and the remaining chicken broth in a 12-inch skillet; reduce the heat. Place the chicken, skin sides up, in a single layer in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer until done, about 1 hour. Remove chicken to serving dish and keep warm. Measure the cooking liquid. In skillet combine 1 cup of the cooking liquid with the remaining sauce and heat to boiling, stirring constantly, and pour over the chicken.
The extraordinary flavors offered in Spaghetti with Lobster Sauce provide an outstanding meal for yo...
Roast Quail Veronique is a French-Canadian classic, and an extraordinary dish when made right. The c...
The history of Jamaican Beef Patties includes all the cuisines that came together to create the mult...
Crunchy jicama with thinly sliced salmon and creamy Neufchatel make an outstanding canape for your p...