Chicken Escarole Soup is an Italian treasure, good for both body and soul. It is full of nutritional goodies and holds high esteem for flavor. Seriously delicious.
Chicken Escarole Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 10 Cups
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken necks, wings, and backs
- 10 Cups water
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 sprigs parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head escarole, washed well; coarsely chopped
- Simmer all ingredients in a large pot for 2 1/2 hours.
- Strain though a fine cheesecloth.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a large enough pot to hold soup and escarole. Add escarole and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with grated cheese topping.
Be sure to skim off any foam that arises.