For a marvelous, balanced meal of impeccable flavor, try Chicken Enchiladas. They’re fun and tasty for young and old, and a delightful choice.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 16 ounces can tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces can chopped green chilies
- 1 Cup chopped onion or onion salt
- 2 Cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- avocado, sliced
- queso blanco, crumbled
- Cover chicken with water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool, bone, and cut into strips, set aside. Mix tomatoes, soup, chilies, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Dip tortillas into broth left from boiling chicken, place one on a plate, add 2 Tablespoons of mixture and 1 Tablespoon of cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in baking pan.
- After all are filled and rolled, pour remaining sauce evenly over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).
- Add two slices of avocado per serving and top with crumbled cheese.