Chicken Curry Stir-Fry
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (reduced from 1/4 Cup in original recipe)
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoons pepper
- 1/3 Cup peanuts
- 1/3 Cup chutney
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Currants
- 1 package Green Giant Harvest fresh Frozen Mixed Vegetables (9 ounce)
- 2 packages Green Giant Rice Originals Frozen White 'n Wild Rice (10 ounces)
- 2 Cups cooked white and wild rice mixture
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Place oil and onion in 2-quart casserole; cover with lid or vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high 2 minutes. Add chicken, water, curry powder, salt and pepper; re-cover. Stirring midway through cooking, microwave on medium high (70%) 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add peanuts. chutney, coconut, currants and frozen mixed vegetables; re-cover. Stirring midway through cooking, microwave on high 6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender. Let stand covered.
- Prepare rice according to package microwave directions. To serve, spoon rice onto serving platter; top with chicken mixture. Garnish with pepper strips.