Chicken Consommé takes standard chicken broth to a new, rich and incredible level, enhancing the flavor by an immeasurable factor. Perfect for making aspics or serving with jewel-like Brunoise-cut vegetables, tasty Quenelles or home-made tortellini. A well-made consommé is a soup that will become a treasured memory and favorite all your days.
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 Cup onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup carrot, diced
- 1/3 Cup celery, diced
- 1/4 Cup tomato, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 Quarts Chicken stock (recipe follows)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 pounds chicken bones
- 3 Cups onions, chopped
- 2 Cups carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups celery, chopped
- 1 Cup leeks, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, onion, carrot, celery and tomato until slightly frothy. Mix in ground chicken.
- Place pre-made chicken stock (instructions below) in medium saucepan and whisk egg white mixture into stock. Bring to slow simmer while constantly stirring in one direction with wooden spoon. Stir for about 15 minutes or until raft—a fairly solid layer on top of liquid—begins to form. Reduce to slow simmer and stop stirring.
- After raft forms, break small hole in it to allow consomme to break through. Continue to simmer for 45 minutes or until liquid appears crystal clear.
- Strain through fine-mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth, being careful not to break raft.
- Discard raft and season consomme with salt and pepper.
- Place all ingredients in large stockpot and fill three-fourths with cold water, about 2 gallons.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and slowly simmer for 4 hours, skimming every 30 minutes to remove impurities that rise to surface.
- Strain and continue to cook over medium heat for 30 to 45 minutes, or until reduced to about 2 quarts.
Outstanding is the word for flavorful Lemon Sole with Gremolata on Roasted Vegetables. The taste is ...
Quintessentially summer, Broccoli Pasta Salad brings a comfortable warmth to your seasonal plate. S...
Cod Cobbler is an exceptional seafood dish, pairing cod with delightful, cheesy scones. Perfect for ...
Fennel Soup is a creamy, rich and high-fiber soup with distinctly French flavors. Simply delightful...