Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 3/4 Cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 1/4 Cups apricot jam
- 3/4 Cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless chicken breasts; *
- olive oil
- * Remove skin from chicken breasts
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the Cointreau, jam, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey, and red pepper flakes. Simmer over medium-low heat (or put in microwave for 1 min. until the honey and jam are melted.)
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a shallow glass baking dish. Pour on the marinade and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 4 hours or overnight. If grilling, let the chicken stand at room temperature for half an hour before grilling (see #3.)
- TO BAKE: POUR OFF ALL BUT 3/4 Cups marinade. Brush additional apricot jam onto to chicken. Cover loosely with foil. Bake at 350 deg. for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting with marinade every 15 minutes.
- FOR GRILLING: Prepare a charcoal fire. When the coals are glowing hot with a layer of white ash, grill the chicken breasts 6 to 8 inches from the heat. Baste the chicken with oil and marinade during grilling. Cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Slice and serve hot or at room temperature.