Chicken Caesar Salad
If grilling the chicken, squeeze some lemon on both sides. We use a cast-iron grilling pan in the cold months. The effect is just as good as cooking outdoors in summertime.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 4 1 ounce slices French bread
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 9 Cups romaine lettuce
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim bread crusts and discard. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. Place cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat cubes with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic powder; toss well. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium to high heat until hot. Add chicken halves; saute 6 minutes on each side or until well done. Remove chicken from skillet; let cool. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; set aside. Alternatively, you can grill the chicken, which adds a delectable smokey flavor.
- Combine lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in container of an electric blender. Cover and process until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the lemon juice mixture to the chicken; toss gently to coat.
- In a large salad bowl, place the lettuce. Drizzle remaining lemon juice mixture over lettuce and toss well. Add the chicken mixture and cheese, and toss gently to coat.
- Serve with croutons or grilled garlic scented toast.
Calories per 1 1/2 cups serving: 257