This home style recipe for Chicken Cacciatore is simply stunning, delicious and spicy. The flavors tantalize the palate and leave you craving more. We like this dish served over a hearty pasta, such as mezze rigatoni or penne rigate.
- 2 chickens (fryer), cut into 12 pieces
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 slices Italian prosciutto
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded with all membranes removed
- 1 green pepper, seeded with all membranes removed
- 2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes (canned, with juice)
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2/3 Cup dry red wine
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour. Let the pieces sit on a platter for a few minutes and repeat to give a good double coating of flour.
- Brown chicken in the olive oil, cooking the pieces for at least 20 minutes.
- When chicken is almost cooked, remove chicken and set aside, add onion, garlic and peppers to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When cooked, add white wine, prosciutto and olive oil to the chicken.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, parsley and a dash of pepper. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until sauce thickens (about 15 minutes). Add basil and stir gently.
- Serve the chicken over cooked pasta or polenta, with some of the sauce.
Made throughout Eastern Europe, some say Kolach is Russian, while others attribute it to the Czechs ...
This Carrot Cake recipe is intended to produce a number of cakes or, if preferred, make different pa...
This dish is celebrated as a favored side in Armenia, and throughout the region, with roots in the O...
A Southern classic, this recipe is one of our favorites. Eaten hot or cold, Honey Fried Chicken has...