Chicken and Pancetta Quesadillas provide a perfect pairing of Mexican and Italian flavors, making a tasty dining experience. Easy cooking and great eating! Superb for lunch, appetizers or a late supper. The Avocado Salsa is refreshing, flavorful and exciting.
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders (marinated with lime, chillies and cilantro), cooked and cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 soft tortilla wraps
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese, fresh
- 1 ounce Arugula, fresh
- 1 Hass avocado, ripe, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 vine-ripened Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro, fresh, rinsed and dried
- Fry the pancetta in a small frying pan for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the chicken, pancetta and Cheddar among four tortillas, tear over pieces of mozzarella and sprinkle over the Arugula. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Mix together the avocado, tomato, chilli, onion, lime juice and cilantro to make the salsa.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook each tortilla stack on one side for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts and the tortilla begins to brown. Flip over (carefully) and brown the other side.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the salsa.
Delicious. Outstanding. Super-duper! And Honey Walnut Ice-Cream is darn good too! You can't help lov...
Trader Vic's introduced the Crab Rangoon to the U.S., and it has remained a favorite since. Simple, ...
This home style recipe for Chicken Cacciatore is simply stunning, delicious and spicy. The flavors t...
The extraordinary taste of Caramel Shortbread is enhanced with an optional sprinkling of sea salt in...